Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Cake Cookies

I have been seeing lots of recipes that involve a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin lately.  Some are for cookies, and others are for muffins or cupcakes.  Some use only the 2 main ingredients, and others add some additional ingredients.  However, when I was searching for a recipe for cookies today, I couldn't find one-I probably gave up too soon.  I decided that I could re-create the recipe on my own.

I put all of the following into my mixer and stirred until it was combined:
1 box white cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1/2 tbsp apple pie spice
1 egg
1/4 cup brown sugar
After it was mixed well, I added about 2 cups of walnuts.

The batter was thinner than cookie batter, but thicker than cake batter.  I used spoons to scoop the batter onto the cookie sheets, and then baked it for 10-11 minutes at 350.  They turned out really good, but I hesitate to call them "cookies" because they are so cake-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment