Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Today my hubby had head south for a meeting, and since the boys and I needed to eat, I was tempted to go out to eat.  However, we had some chicken thawed out, along with some vegetables that we had planned to cook for College Night, but didn't.  I figured I should cook it so it didn't go to waste.  I grilled the chicken while the mixed vegetables were on the stove heating up.  Once the chicken was done, I threw it in the pot with the veggies, added some cream of chicken soup and some broth, and then poured it into a casserole dish.  We had the crust for pot pie, but I was not in the mood for messing with that, so I just put some thawed biscuits on top, and baked it until they were done.  It was a yummy, simple meal-it just took some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment