Here is a link to the recipe from What Is On Your Menu? The recipe follows:
1 Hour Rolls
recipe from my sister-in-law Maggie
- 1 c. warm water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1/3 c. flour
- In a kitchenaid mixer bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes until yeast mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in salt and beaten egg to yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour. Dough will be kind of sticky, but add enough flour until it's manageable. Let dough rest in the kitchenaid bowl for 10 minutes.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and form dough into balls. Place balls so they don't touch on a cookie sheet (18" x 26" pan). Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Makes about 24 rolls.