Saturday, November 24, 2012

Zocolo

On my hubby's last trip to Haiti, he met a fellow chef that lives in Shreveport.  Since we were traveling through, we planned to meet him and his wife for dinner.  They suggested Zocolo.

My hubby ordered one of his favorite foods-Bulgogi, which is Korean barbecued beef.  His chef friend had the same.
I had the Chipotle Pork Cecil.  The sauce was so tasty! My hubby's friend's wife ordered this as well-she said she ate it here the last time she came. 
The boys dug into the pizza that they ordered so quickly that I didn't get a chance to take a picture.  They said it was good.

For dessert my hubby ordered bread pudding, which came with ice cream.  Since he didn't want the ice cream, we had it brought out separately for the boys.  Of course, I got a bite of the bread pudding myself, and I have to say it was pretty good.
This stop in Shreveport was wonderful!  It was welcomed by a family who desperately needed a break from the car!  It was also great to meet some new friends.  I hope they can make it out to Dallas sometime so we can do this again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment