Monday, November 19, 2012

Folly Beach

I am from the east coast, and there is something about it that will always be in my blood.  And so, no trip to Charleston would be complete without a visit to see the waves crashing on the beach.  My sister-in-law took us to the best beach when it's too cold to swim-Folly Beach-because of it's views.

This was the view crossing a bridge on the way to the beach.

Next we headed down the road and parked by some beach houses.

We walked down this path to the beach.
And we were welcomed by this gorgeous view.
Just look at that sea foam!

My hubby took this picture of me and posted it on facebook.  Apparently it appears I am holding a revolver, but it is just my phone.
I could stare at this view forever!
Wouldn't this make a great album cover?

Found a dead horseshoe crab.
Even looking away from the ocean at the sand dunes was a great view.
Sand piper.
Beach houses with a view.
Waves crashing on the rocks.
My hubby at the top of a sand dune.



So pretty!
And after a good walk, we were rewarded with a view of the lighthouse.
We posed for a family pic, but couldn't stay here long for fear of getting soaked.










I wanted a pic of me and my hubby, but the wind got a little crazy with my hair.
But we finally got a decent picture!

Then came the walk back to the car.  Wildlife loves the beach as much as I do.
Neat lighthouse at the end of a driveway.
After we saw the lighthouse, we drove down a ways and stopped at the Folly Beach Fishing Pier for some more gorgeous views.

All those black dots are surfers.  Crazy surfers-it was in the upper 50's/lower 60's!





We grabbed a bite to eat while at the pier.  Here was our view from the window.
Everybody had burgers but me-I was not about to pass up an opportunity to eat fresh seafood.  I had the fried oysters.
After we left the beach, my sister-in-law drove us past some neat graffiti.


We all ended the night by snacking way too much and playing Apples to Apples.
What another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment