Friday, November 23, 2012

Vacation-The Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park

After eating dinner at Hyman's, my sister-in-law told us that no visit to Charleston would be complete without a visit to the Pineapple Fountain which is located at Waterfront Park, which happened to be just a few blocks away, so we decided to walk off our dinner to visit this landmark.

It was a cool walk, and my niece asked to stop and get some hot chocolate.  They had some at Kilwin's-a candy store. I waited outside and watched them making pralines.

We also passed an ice cream shop.  Of course, on top of the fact that I had already eaten too much, it was too cold to enjoy ice cream, but I still wanted a picture of the giant ice cream cone that graced the sidewalk.
We finally made it to the pineapple fountain.  It was so pretty!  I do regret not having made it out here during the day to have gotten a better picture.
Here is my family in front of the fountain!
We passed this building on the way back to our car.
In case you can't tell, that is gum stuck to the bottom of the face plate.  Too funny!
It has been such a great vacation, so enjoyable!  What a great last evening in Charleston.  Tomorrow morning we travel back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment