Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacation Day 1

Our vacation began today.  We just plan to take each day as it comes-no real plans!  That is the best kind of vacation!  Today I slept in until 7:30 (that is sleeping in for me!), and then did my workout.  Next we headed south.  We stopped at the fried pie shop (thankfully I wasn't hungry so they weren't even tempting-but the family enjoyed theirs).  Then we spent a few hours with the in-laws.

They gave us some gift certificates to the Dead Fish Grill overlooking the lake.  We invited some friends to join us and had a great time visiting with them.  The food there was quite tasty (between the 4 of us, we had gumbo, steak, mahi mahi and a burger).  Unfortunately, the portions were very small, so we headed over to DQ for dessert (I just had a Sprite Zero, so I feel like did well calorie wise today!)  It was so good to catch up with old friends!

Here is the gorgeous view from our dinner table:


No comments:

Post a Comment