Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I could use some more fruit in my diet

People that act nice are easy to love!  It's the hateful people that I need to show love to.  That's not easy!  I try to remind myself of that cliche saying (but it's so true) "Hurting people hurt people."  When people act hateful to me, it is so easy to be mean back.  But my Bible tells me to turn the other cheek, and rise above that.  I need to learn to "be the better man" so to speak.

I am always printing out a Bible verse to tape to my computer at work when I need to meditate on something specific.  This week I printed out Galatians 5:23:  "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." 


When dealing with hateful people, I definitely need more fruit!  The Bible doesn't say when to stop producing fruit, either!  If they have been hateful for a week, a month, a year, at no time does He tell me to stop being loving, joyful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, or in control of my actions.

My prayer is that He keeps bringing this scripture to my remembrance when I want to react my way to others' actions.  I'm thankful He never stopped being loving, joyful, peaceful, kind, good, faithful, gentle, or controlled when dealing with me-even though I have deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment