Friday, December 28, 2012

My Handgun

About a year and a half ago, a friend of mine was mugged just outside of her apartment. Her ankle was broken, and still all this time later, I don't believe it is back to normal yet.  This event made me much more cautious, especially when by myself, and in areas where there aren't a lot of people around.  It also made me re-think my views on carrying protection with me.  I did not want to just jump and make a decision to carry a gun because of a single incident, but wanted to make sure that this was something I really wanted to do.

After a year and a half of not only not changing my mind, but my decision being strengthened, I finally made a purchase today.  You might not be able to tell from the picture, but it is just a small handgun-a 380, but big enough to offer me some protection.   My next step is to take some classes-both beginner lessons, and to get a concealed carry license.  I am really excited about getting these under my belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment