Friday, December 21, 2012

Krispy Kreme

What I am about to tell you may make you wonder about.  I have never been inside a Krispy Kreme before.  As a kid I remember my dad had Krispy Kreme doughnuts delivered to his work on a regular basis.  We lived in a small town, and I have no idea where the nearest physical Krispy Kreme building was located.

As an adult I moved to a larger city, and I would occasionally see and sometimes pick up Krispy Kreme doughnuts at a gas station.  You should know that my breakfast of choice is normally something that involves egg, some kind of breakfast meat, cheese, and some kind of carb like a biscuit, tortilla, or English Muffin.  I do like doughnuts, they have just never really been my first choice.  In fact, normally when we visit a doughnut shop, I forgo the doughnut altogether and get a kolache (sausage roll).

But I digress.

Last night after going out to eat, we saw the Hot Now sign on at Krispy Kreme.  At this point I told my husband I had never tasted a hot doughnut from Krispy Kreme.  This is when all plans changed.  "Never?"  I am still not sure he believed me. :)
Needless to say, he immediately pulled into the parking lot, and I got to try a hot Krispy Kreme for the first time.  When we walked inside, we were both immediately offered a free, hot glazed doughnut, which the doughnut artist (I don't know what the employees are  called here-but it fit, I guess) took directly off the line of doughnuts on the conveyor.  The conveyor was neat-as a guest of the shop, you could view the doughnuts cooking in the hot oil, and then being glazed.  Who knew?  Well, okay, everybody but me.

The doughnut really did taste so much better fresh than the ones I have had previously from the gas station.  We promptly bought a box to take home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment