Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Feast

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I was (or rather, wasn't) thinking today.  How could I have enjoyed such a delicious meal, but not taken any pictures?  Maybe I am just delirious because we had temps in the 60's and 70's all morning for the first time since-well-maybe May?  It's Labor Day, so we have the day off from work, and the boys have the day off from school.  Plus my in-laws came to visit for a few days.  And to top that off, the weather outside today is uh-may-zing-how could we not use the new smoker?

My hubby started last night on the ribs-getting the "rib rub" together and letting it brine.  He got up early this morning to slow-smoke them.  The scent of smoke and ribs tormented me all morning, and I was good and hungry by the time lunch came around.  To keep my mind occupied while he was working on the ribs, I made another batch of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted.  By the time I finished that up, he came in and made his coleslaw, potato salad, and threw some fresh corn on the cob on the grill.

I'm still kicking myself for not having taken a picture of my plate-but, alas, it is gone now!  I did manage to take one (bad) picture while he was checking the temperature of the meat in the smoker.  Such a great day!  And now, after that feast, it is without a doubt, time for a nap!  Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment