Friday, September 23, 2011

Midlothian "Panther Pride"

SPOILER ALERT:  If you are a letterboxer, you may not want to continue reading since I am revealing what I saw today.  My last stop on today's letterboxing adventure was in Midlothian to find Midlothian Panther Pride.  It was located at the Hawkins Springs Historic Site.  I had tried to get this box at least three times before, but each time it was closed.  I didn't really expect it to be open today, but was pleasantly surprised, when the gates were open!  I walked down the ramp until I reached the location in the clue.  The planter had tied a thin rope to the letterbox, and to retrieve the box, I had to pull it up over the ledge.  Such a creative idea-I've never seen anything like it!  Here it is pulled over the edge while I was stamping in.
 And here is the image of the stamp in my logbook:
I walked to the end of the ramp to read the sign:
This was another location I never would have known about or visited were it not for letterboxing.  I can't wait until I have time to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment