Friday, May 11, 2012

Finding a Letterbox Location

Last night, being date night, as my hubby and I were leaving the restaurant, I noticed that behind the restaurant was a church which I had seen many times before.  What struck me this time, though, was what appeared to be a park located at the church, that I had never seen before.  I asked my hubby to drive out that direction so I could see it better.  It appeared that there was a retaining pond that the church built a nice walking path around, and also a little gazebo.  I thought this might be a nice place for a letterbox.

This morning after dropping my son off at school, I thought it would be the perfect time for a nice walk-for some much needed exercise, but also to scout out a location for my letterbox.  As you can see, it is a beautiful location!

While the walking trail looks new, there was quite a bit of vandalism to the gazebo and park bench.
I found an area that might make a great location some day.  Right now they are clearing some land adjacent to the trail, and so I think it would be best to wait until they are finished with whatever it is they have planned before planting this new box. I love finding new locations like this accidentally!

No comments:

Post a Comment