Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bark in the Park

As we were approaching the stadium, I saw several fans walking their dogs.  Strange.  It's not like you can bring dogs into the stadium.  Then there were more and more.  And some pet owners had their dogs wearing Rangers jerseys.  Then we realized, tonight was "Bark in the Park"-the one night a year when dogs (on leashes) are allowed to enjoy the game with their owners.  I was a little nervous-I thought dogs would be all over, barking loudly, jumping on people, and (my worst fear) poop all over the stadium.


I must say, though, I was pleasantly surprised.  All the dogs were well behaved.  There was some barking, but there was not the dogs barking at each other like I expected.  And the pet owners made sure their dogs were on leashes the whole time.  And as for poop, I didn't see any at all until the game was over.  (And by the way, it was really smelly-that dog must have gotten into some kind of food he didn't need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment