Friday, June 8, 2012

Sam's Pizza and Pasta

Have I mentioned to you that we have been looking for a good sandwich shop?  Not the chain restaurants, but a nice little bakery that has original sandwiches that don't taste mass-produced.  No?  Well, we have been.  After passing Subway, Quizno's, Schlotzsky's, and who knows how many other chains, we saw a sign for Sam's in Red Oak.  The sign boasted "pizza, pasta, subs".  I figured it would be a great place to get a nice Italian sub.  When we went inside to order, though, I changed my mind.  I wanted a hot sub, and the Italian was listed under the cold subs.  I guess I could have asked for it to be heated, but I just selected from the hot sub options instead.  I went with the Eggplant Parmesan sub-it's one of my favorite Italian dishes-why not put it on bread, and call it a sandwich?


It turned out pretty good, too.  The sauce itself was not a "red" as I prefer, but it was quite tasty.  The bread was nice and yummy-which was good for my sandwich craving.  The eggplant was good, but it tasted like it had been fried in old oil, so that was a downside, but I would definitely be willing to go back, and try a non-fried item next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment