Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ojeda's

Today two of my co-workers and I went out to eat at Ojeda's in DeSoto.  When my hubby later asked where we ate, I was afraid to pronounce it since my guesses at Spanish pronunciations are always wrong.  I think he told me "Oh-hey-duzz".  I had never been there before, but I was guessing it was not a chain.  (After a visit to their website, I quickly discovered that they actually do have others across the metroplex).  I saw their special on the menu board-briskit tacos, and immediately knew what I was ordering.  My co-workers ordered enchiladas and puffy tacos.


While we waited for our food, we enjoyed their chips and salsa.  My salsa was a little spicier than I generally prefer, but the flavor was amazing-and by my own admittance I don't like very spicy food.  When I mentioned that, one of my co-workers mentioned that she didn't think hers was very spicy-and she really doesn't like spicy food, either.  After trying her salsa, we discovered that hers was different than mine-it had more of a sweet taste to it.  But I kept my own-it had better flavor.


My tacos were great-wonderful flavor.  Most briskit tacos I have had before have been pulled meat, but this was chopped.  It was served with fresh cilantro and onion to add to the tacos, and some rice and beans.  If I am ever in the area, I will make my way back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment