Friday, June 1, 2012

Peach Preserves

On the way back from vacation, we picked up 1/4 peck (a small bagful) of sweet Texas peaches from a roadside stand in Fairfield.  They were picked at Cooper Farms.  My hubby had peach cobbler in mind.  A couple days later when I was slicing the peaches, I asked how much cobbler he was making, and he said that he only needed about half of them.  Fruit tends to waste at our house-we are just not big snackers, so I figured I should do something with the rest.  I follow a canning blog-and, really, I am not sure why since I don't can anything-but because of that, I figured I would attempt making some preserves-the blog makes it look so easy.


I found a simple recipe online-just mix equal parts sliced peaches and sugar (5 cups each in my case), and cook on low for about 30 minutes, and then on medium for another 10-15 minutes, stirring the whole time.  It really was super easy, it just takes time.  They are pretty tasty , too!




No comments:

Post a Comment