Thursday, January 3, 2013

Onions and Cough Syrup

About a week ago I started to feel a little sick.  At first I just figured it was allergies-just a sore, scratchy throat-but it slowly developed into more-runny nose, cough, and exhaustion.  The flu is going around, so I figured I had picked that up.  I normally put off going to the doctor, but since I know I have an event to work this weekend, I figured I had better get some antibiotics and get healthy quick, so I made an appointment this morning.  The doctor said I have a viral cold that is contagious-not what I wanted to hear!  Contagious is a bad word!  And since it is a virus-no antibiotics!  Yuck!  He told me exactly what you expect to hear-get lots of rest, drink lots of water, take vitamin C, and stay away from people.  Of course, the thought going through my head was "I don't have time for this!"  So I went back to work (great listener that I am), and finished up all the details for this weekend's event, and then headed home to rest.

I mostly relaxed in my chair (well, in between doing loads of laundry), and figured I would try a home remedy I had heard about recently:  chop open an onion, and keep it nearby to inhale.  I really do think it helps to clear up my passageways!  By the end of the day I was breathing much easier!
I will make sure to use my cough syrup, too, though, because I know I will need a good night's rest before heading to Dallas tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment